Monday, 20 September 2010

Autumn colds

Ben had a bad cold when Zac was born. As new parents we were worried it would pass to Zac and since he was so little, cause a potentially dangerous risk to him. Midwifes at hospital however reassured us that we had nothing to worry about and that the sooner rather than later he was exposed to colds etc would rather have positive effect on him developing resistance and antibodies.

But in comparison to Ben who actually never ever get colds..I do! I get the early autumn cold, the late autumn flue...the spring colds/flues that goes around and to not miss out I most likely get one of those nice 2 weeks long one in the summer as well...But getting to the point..this time it wasn't me but Ben who had the cold but touch wood neither Zac or I was affected. Then 4 days ago I got one and it hit hard. But even worse was that Zac got it as well. Seeing your 5 week old son coughing, feeling clammy with temperature and with blocked up nose and generally lifeless was absolutely heartbreaking. Getting a cold is bad and I would normally justify days of feeling sorry for myself but seeing Zac struggle made my own old cold seem so irrelevant. Luckily we had decided since long to go up to Lyn and Dan's for a few days so there help and support came and was so appreciated.
Luckily this morning my strong son seem to have beating the worst of the cold and appeared pretty content again!

1 comment:

  1. Åh lilla stackaren! Hoppas han blir helt bra snart!

    ReplyDelete